Awakenings Part 1

How Can A Shadow Be Killed? (The Opposite Attributes of God)

To: All Dear Ones
By email:
Date: May 20, 2001
Subject: Bhau’s May 20th “Awakening” -- How Can A
Shadow Be Killed? (The Opposite Attributes of God)

Beloved Avatar Meher Baba Ki Jai!

From Bhau:

This morning [Sunday, 20th May, 2001] I took a walk early in the morning, Because I was to go to Baba’s Samadhi, I took a bath, then had my breakfast. After my walk I was waiting for Shiva. I did not know that he would go directly to Baba’s Samadhi. I had no other thought but the thought of Beloved Baba and His Beloved dear Mehera.

All of a sudden, I felt Baba’s voice. Through that voice, He was asking me, “Do you know the incident that took place at Guruprasad, when the Maharani of Baroda, Shanta Devi, had come for My darshan? She was sitting near Me. Her mind was working, and I knew what she was thinking.

“Immediately I said, ‘I never remain alone. During the daytime, Mandali members are with Me. When I go to the lady Mandali , they are there. At night, there is always one night watchman with Me. So I am never alone.’

“Then I said, ‘Mehera is the purest of the pure. She never has any lustful thought. She is so pure that I love her very much, and I call her my Beloved.’

Then the voice asked me, “‘Do you remember this?”

“Yes, Baba, I do remember,” I answered.

Baba said, “Why did I say this to Shanta Devi? Because she was thinking that Mehera must be coming to Me during the night. When I said this to her, she realized that I indeed know everything.

“Mehera was the one representing the whole of Creation. In the beginning, when the Creation took place, I got God Realization. Then I became the first Perfect Master. I worshipped Maya (Illusion), because Maya was and is the medium for Realization of God. Therefore, when I come down on Earth, age after age, I bring someone to represent the whole of Creation. Creation has all the opposite attributes of God. Mehera was the one who was representing all the opposite attributes of God. There are others in My Circle. Each represents one opposite attribute of God, because I work in the domain of illusion. My Circle members are the medium for My Universal Work in the domain of illusion. No one knows what I do through them.

“Do you remember what I said before dropping the body? ‘I completed My work on 30th January 1969.’

“That was the day I could not sit up for My Universal Work. Because I was working in the higher planes, in order to keep contact with the gross world, I would pound my thighs. Later on, I asked you to pound on My thighs. You were not doing as I wanted. I wanted that you should pound very hard. Because of the pounding, both of My thighs had become like stone. But the last day of my Universal Work, on 30th January, in the afternoon I could not sit up. While lying down and doing My Work, I asked you to pound on My chest.

“But you were doing this very slow. Then I Myself started pounding very hard. You had tears in your eyes. I knew your feelings, but insofar as My order is concerned, no one should give importance to his or her feelings.

“Anyway, I completed My Universal Work that day. For two hours, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m., I took rest after months and months. You were sitting on the chair near Me, and I was working through you. You know at that time what happened to you, but after 9:00 p.m., I wanted to release the Universal Work which I had completed. Maya was opposing Me, stopping Me from releasing the work. I was suffering and suffering. The spasms made Me feel that the bones of My body were breaking and turning into powder.

“At 10:00, I told you, ‘Remember this. I am not this body.’

“At 11:00, again I said to you, ‘Remember this. I am not this Body.’

“And again at 12:00 midnight, I told you, ‘Remember this. I am not this body.’

“The spasms went on increasing. They would not stop. My body became very stiff, and I had infinite pain. I said, ‘When I was Jesus, My crucifixion was for one day. But no one has any idea how I have been crucified every day since months together.’

“Then at 4:00 a.m., I called all the Mandali members. They were holding My body. I said, ‘Maya is killing me, but I will win. Maya is doing My work. Its main purpose is to oppose My work. It is the duty Maya does for Me, because it is the perfect medium for My Work. Maya is just nothing. It has no substance, but its work is to make falsehood appear real. The whole world remains under its clutch. My work is to make people aware of this falsehood. That is why My work is so difficult. Infinitely difficult. But it happens according to My own wish.’

“As I was suffering, I said to you all, ‘When I was Jesus, I said at the end, ‘O Father, forgive them all, for they know not what they are doing.’ Now I say, ‘O Father, forgive them all, for they know not what will happen.’

“No one will be able to understand the meaning of what I am telling you now. But one day the world will realize, because My work will touch everyone and everything, animate as well as inanimate. I am the last Avatar of this Cycle. My Manifestation will be the greatest. Maya cannot kill Me, and I cannot kill Maya, because I am the substance, and Maya is the shadow.

How can a shadow be killed?

I create that awareness for you to know the shadow as shadow. To that purpose, I come down in human form age after age. What I have said, the world will witness. Then the world will recognize Me. But how fortunate are those who are already forgiven by Me. They are working to create disturbances, harassment, and increasing the suffering of the world, though they think they are very, very intelligent. Despite the fact that they are deceiving themselves, see My compassion? I have already forgiven them.

“The role of Mehera is unimaginable. I was working through her for Creation because I have to work for the shadow, whom people do not know is their shadow. To have this awareness, one has to pass through the evolution of consciousness when one passes through gas, stone, vegetable, worm, fish, bird, animal forms and finally human beings.

“After many reincarnations in human form comes the state of involution. This is the play of the shadow. All along, no one becomes aware of this shadow. God is everywhere, and therefore, the shadow is also everywhere. When one becomes aware of Infinite God’s Infinite Shadow, He becomes one with God. This is My Divine Game. This game is Eternal. It will never stop.

“I always tell people I am Reality. Pay attention towards Me. Remember Me, and one day you will find Me.. I am infinitely active. I have been working for you all. I am working for the whole Universe, and the world will witness a great change, a change for the better. When this change will come, the world will not run after the shadow, but the world will run after Reality.

“This is certain, and this is My Blessing. So become worthy of My blessing which is always with you.”

Bhau
Meherabad
Sunday, 20th May 2001

Ps: Coming soon: Not Remembering Is Not Forgetting, followed by Long to Long to Hear That Voice of the Heart